Fanfare De Vooruitgang Stiphout was founded in 1921 and is organized at the FKM (Dutch Federation of Music Associations). The fanfare has reached the highest level of Dutch music (Superieure Afdeling). Since 1952 we continuesly have been playing at this level along with other top-class orchestras. The fanfare’s intention is not only playing music in the amateur-class in the world of music, but also to play well in the highest level of Dutch music (Superieure Afdeling).
Since January 2006, Frenk Rouschop is the conductor of the fanfare orchestra. Before him Bram Sniekers was the conductor between 1997 and 2006 and the 25 years before that time a lot of successes were booked with conductor Rudy Siebert. Especially notable is that we reached the Dutch Championship in the highest level twice and through several cooperations the uniqueness of the Fanfare was promoted by playing original compositions for Fanfares and the best arrangements of other music. The name of Fanfare De Vooruitgang is well known because of this.
- Sacrum Sacramentum - Alexander Comitas
- Continental Concerto for piano and fanfare - W.Kalischnig
- Grenzeloos for soprano and fanfare - B. van Beurden
- Capriccio for fanfare - Jo van den Booren
- Rubicon with soloist Suzan Seegers - Bert Appermont
Results of the musical competitions (concours) in the Superieure Afdeling (highest level):
- 1990 - Bondsconcours in Veldhoven with conductor Rudy Siebert: 1st prize with exceptional note from the jury
- 1994 - Bondsconcours in Veldhoven with conductor Rudy Siebert: 1st prize with exceptional note from the jury
- 1999 - Bondsconcours in Veldhoven with conductor Bram Sniekers: 1st prize with exceptional note from the jury
- 2004 - Bondsconcours in Veldhoven with conductor Bram Sniekers: 1st prize
- 2008 - Bondsconcours in Veldhoven with conductor Frenk Rouschop: 1st prize
- 2013 - Bondsconcours in Veldhoven with conductor Frenk Rouschop: 1st prize with exceptional note from the jury
As already mentioned, the conductor of the Fanfare is Frenk Rouschop. He was born in 1960 in St. Geertruid in Limburg. He played trumpet at Fanfare St. Gertrudis in his home town. At the Conservatorium in Maastricht he studied trumpet and later for conductor of harmonies and fanfares. Sef Pijpers was his teacher. In 1990 he passed for the exam ‘executive musician’ with the Luchtmachtkapel (Air Force Orchestra). With several orchestras Frenk Rouschop reached many national and international prizes. At this moment he is also conductor of the Douane Harmonie Nederland, Fanfare Sint-Caecilia Schimmert 1845 and WMC world champion Harmonie De Volksgalm Zichen-z-Bolder.
In 2003/2004 the Fanfare had a composition assignment telling the story about the fire in the Church of the village (Stiphout) in 1342, and the miracle of Jan Baloys. The composer Ed de Boer (also known as Alexander Comitas) accepted this assignment and wrote the composition. Ed de Boer is known from original music of high level. We played the composition for the first time during the concert series ‘Verrassende Ontmoetingen’ in Tilburg in the fall of 2004. The second time was during the musical competition (concours) in Veldhoven.
Percussion EnsembleHighlight - Beat Goes On!
Since spring 2003 Rob van der Sommen is director of the percussion ensemble. Rob is also conductor of the percussion groups of Helmonds Muziek Corps and Harmonie St. Cecilia in Asten. He is not only conductor and active musician, but he is also composer / orchestrator at the Dutch Music Partners. In his compositions and arrangements he searches for entertainment and his music is really rithmic and melodic. The combination between percussion and other music instruments is part of his compositions and arrangements.
In 2005 the percussion ensemble had its 50th anniversary. In 2008 and 2011 the ensemble had great success with the percussion spectacle ‘Beat Goes On’.